3 Posts
    N

Aye?

• Contacting the Cancellarius

0 Votes
    20 Posts
    L

861 7:7

If a mod sees this, thread can be locked.

• Notes on the Path

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • The making of a probationers robe.

0 Votes
    48 Posts
    augurA

I have found it useful to know what I am good at, develop areas where the skills are useful for my life, and employ professionals where neither of those things are true.

Jim's instructions on how to make simple Tau Robe are solid, I have used the methodology. I now pay professionals when there is a need for a Robe.

• Book of Lies Commentary

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    F

Very nice commentary, but regarding 88: I think what he meant was more like the folk tale where someone declares: "Mail me a dollar and I'll show you how to become rich", and when he got enough mails, he responded to them with "Do as I did."

• Humanity's Work

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    D

@LD330 said

"
    I don't know if it's empty speculation to think about paths for humanity-- I think that's a very important thing to think about. Not only is a mass awakening possible, it's incipient. If we don't dream about it, we won't get it.

"

Fully agreed with If we don't dream about it, we won't get it. I appreciate you opening this thread, I too feel strongly drawn to meditate on this subject; the reply above was addressing the tendency to loose balance in this, a note for you as well as myself. Keep the philosophy grounded!

"I don't think any action whatsoever can be taken without the entire scope of humanity being involved-- we are a system, not individual."

We are both! - simultaneously, in each instance of experience (the interchange of Had and Nu constitutes what we perceive/experience as experience 😄 ). The error of philosophy of the past was the approach of either/or - the Aeon of the Child is the birth of both-at-once awareness.

• What's with the Golden Dawn nowadays?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    S

Everyone will disagree with me, but, in actuality, truth, reality, the big cahoona, the Golden Dawn exists internally. The outer image of it is just a means to point one within.

• Liber LXV and the HGA

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    M

I'm a student of magick and Mooji too. There are some good threads in here about 'direct path' advaita/zen methods vs 'gradual path' magickal/mystical schools...

There's an interview of Adyashanti by Ken Wilber's Integral Naked on torrents that covers the pros and cons.

• Define Love

0 Votes
    4 Posts
  • Perception of Gender in the HGA

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    F

Physiological gender and practical gender are different things.

Jim, when I hear you saying "usually male", what I really hear is that, generally speaking, the formula of interaction between the aspirant and the HGA has the Angel as positive and the aspirant as negative.

More likely than not we are "receiving" something in any case, and I don't know about any of you, but in the low, sexual parallel of what we call "knowledge and conversation", I have definitely been on the receptive end of the interaction with both men and women...so do whatever you want with that.

• The sense of making tests...

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Asisa's Character

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    A

To find your Opinion, you just have to "make"

Your Opinion =/= Asisa's Opinion

e.g.
    Asisa is too powerful!!!! (<=>) Opinion of Aleister and his Gods (<=/=>) All other Gods

So 😉

Me (e) Scribe (e) Liber 65:=
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-sIqlJmkIc

i am not Neo; q.e.d.

• Karl Germer and initiation

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    H

Many are not satisfied with something so subjective.

• Simple Q about writing to the A.'.A.'.

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    T

Simply write a letter describing your desire. Include whatever you feel is relevant for that.

• 8=3 Magister Templi

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    P

Nice point!

I'm just trying to understand M.T. sign as good as I can since I lack the actual experience this sign represents.
    Reading Crowley and comparing his writings helps to certain degree but It can also be confusing or I'm simply not ready/able to understand.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with me!

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    A

I think the post-enlightenment sadana's as you described are accurate Hermitas.
    The Non Dual path - the closest to the Tao in philosophy and acti... practice - deals with these in the same way that you break through in the first place by staying put as NOT. Nothing can harm thee if thou art not.
    In practice Ramana and the great sages stayed put by being well out of sight for many years, dealing with these monstrous forces by being not.
    They certainly didn't teach or engage with the world at these phases and in the West, we have to engage with the world all the time. Even in India - in the sacred Temple people kept throwing things at 'the boy sage' in disgust. He then had to be put in the catacombs area of the temple and semi-cared for, (if at all other than some rice ) by monks . e ended up with all sorts of maladies of the body while his mind was elsewhere. He had to be completely looked after for years. He hadn't even physically developed his body or brain when his entrance to the Abyss began.
    Bodhidarma stared at a wall for ten years well after his initial enlightenment , I forget his name off the top of my head but one of the greatest Zen monks broke through , left the temple to go and teach, came back after a day and stayed in the temple for another 30 years , stating that he was no-where near ready.
    So , I think the path of the AA with it's focus on containing and experiencing these forces before the floodgates really open is a much more sensible and gentle way of doing the work. Ok we may not feel it's gentle when half-way through Probationer , let alone later, but compared to what holy men have had to suffer in the past...

• Obedience Virtue of Chesed

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 2=9 process (Shin and Resh) and Ruach

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    G

Good stuff, thanks.

What I mean by a "general severe stirring up of the Ruach" etc is the notion of pecking order/status anxieties as this is what the Ruach is, the me or self-image as it relates to society or the tribe or the pack.

• Opening of Resh and status anxiety

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    G

Nice.

• Temple of Thelema Influences

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied